Recommended Reading for 5th April
Interesting posts I’ve read, 5th April:
- The Four Returns Of Social Media Marketing – A lot’s been said about the quality of traffic generated from social media sites. This guide from Search Engine Land looks at the benefits – the returns – of becoming popular on social media.
- Analytics on the Cheap: Six Free Stats Packages for the Startup or Small-Business Owner – Many important decisions begin with analysis of website statistics. Statistics packages can give a website owner a different perspective and allow him/her to get more insight into visitors’ behaviors, habits, and the key terms that bring people to the website.
- HarpzOn.com – Using MySpace Groups And BadderAdder to Increase Website Traffic – Mitch Harper on using MySpace to promote your blog. The technique seems a bit spammy, but interesting nonetheless.
- Ranking The SEO Ranking Factors – An excellent deconstruction of the SEOmoz search engine factors list. Highly recommended from a field perspective, because it divides up the tasks which are easy to achive (on-page) and those which are more difficult (off page/off-site).
- Google Search Engine Ranking Factors – SEOmoz has produced a full list of algorithmic pieces influencing search engine rankings at Google, as voted on by 35 experts in the search marketing world. Vital information.