Recommended Reading for 9th May through 25th May
Interesting posts I’ve read between 9th May and 25th May:
- Freebies Round-Up: Icons, Buttons and Templates – Smashing Magazine provides yet another knock-out collection of web design resources. Inspiring stuff.
- How To Write A Popular Post – A useful guide to writing popular articles that give value to readers and score high on social media sites.
- Design Goodies – A handy (and timely, for me) collection of resources for web and graphic designers. Some nice Photoshop brushes in there…
- Supplemental Results and WordPress – Interesting trick to discover which pages in your site are held in Google’s supplemental index.
- Don’t Sweat the Small SEO Stuff – Search veteran Jill Whalen urges reader not to get too tied up in the small details of SEO, and to focus instead on the marketing and brand building benefits that a popular website can bring.
- Building An Open Source, Distributed Google Clone – Emre Sokullu floats the idea of creating a decentralized search engine to rival Google by using home computers in a grid formation. Interesting concept with the ultimate goal of creating something which can truly rival Google in search.
- How to make sexy buttons with CSS – This tutorial will teach you how to create pretty looking textual buttons (with alternate <em>pressed</em> state) using CSS. Dynamic buttons save you heaps of time otherwise spent creating graphics and will basically make you a happier person at the end of the day.