Recommended Reading for 3rd July through 24th July
Interesting posts I’ve read between 3rd July and 24th July:
- The Best 80 Photoshop Text Effects on the Web – I thought this was going to be overhyped, but it s really an excellent collection of tutorials for jazzing up text.
- Why Small Businesses Need SEO to be Successful – An important essay on why small businesses need to be aware of the power of SEO to improve their business. I d argue that while SEO is great at bringing in new business, you also need to focus on things like easy ordering systems and outstanding customer service. Finding your website is only part of the equation!
- Short Term Gains Versus Long Term Value – Chris Garrett expounds upon the futility of empty linkbaiting, describing it as essentially a short term strategy compared with writing useful insightful content.
- RustyBudget: Multi-Author Blog Management – Bridging the gap between blogging and professional multi-author management, this looks like a must-have tool for blogging teams.
- Get Anyone to Read Every Word You Write With These 7 Steps – Excellent 7 step advice on editing your writing ruthlessly in order to better serve the needs of your readers.
- 16 Best-Loved Font Bits In Web Design – Useful article looking at fonts for use on the web. Some aren’t universal, so they can’t be used as pure text, but they would be quite nice for graphical titles.
- xcavator ? Advanced Image Search – AJAX-driven stock image search. Pretty interesting colour matching technology.
- Organizing Tips for Bloggers – When blogging becomes more than a hobby, you need to get organised. I like to think of it as more like running a magazine. Either way, you should find this post useful for keeping your blog running smoothly.